“Transportation management system is the combination of advanced system solutions such as sensor technologies, emerging communication technologies, and electronic identification devices and services implemented in different modes of transportation, to increase the overall productivity by saving time, money, and energy in transportation. These solutions help enterprises and passengers in decision making by providing real-time information about traffic volume/traffic flow, vehicle speed, vehicle identification, traffic density, vehicle incident, occupancy, and weather conditions. In coming years, disruptive technology such as Internet of Things (IoT) and Machine to Machine (M2M) are expected to support the transportation industry to explore new limits, in efficient and effective management of the overall transportation infrastructure.
There have been considerable advancements in ICT for transportation management systems, such as cellular, Wi-Fi, Radio Frequency Identification (RFID), and Near Field Communication (NFC) technology that are gaining momentum. Transportation management systems allow RFID devices to be attached to trucks and containers, to ensure monitoring of goods. Higher spending on the IT infrastructure from the last couple of years shows a positive sign of growth in the transportation industry in developing economies, such as APAC. There is a significant demand for transportation management systems as rapid urbanization has caused the population to migrate to the cities and town, giving rise to the problems of traffic congestion and high traffic volumes.
The transportation management system market research report consists of the future market trends of the transportation management system; it also presents a detailed analysis, market sizing, and forecasting for the emerging submarkets of transportation management system. The report is segmented into transportation management system solutions and services, transportation modes, deployment types, and regional markets. The transportation system market research report analyzes global adoption trends, future growth potential, key drivers, competitive outlook, restraints, opportunities, and emerging technologies in this market, as well as the transportation management market ecosystem.
There are various assumptions that have been taken into consideration for the market sizing and forecasting exercise. A few of the global assumptions include political, economic, social, technological, and economic factors. For instance, exchange rates, one of the economic factors, are expected to have a moderate impact on this market.
The report will help the market leaders/new entrants in this market in the following ways:
1. The report segments the market into solutions and services covering this market comprehensively. It provides the closest approximations of the revenue numbers for the overall market and the sub-segments. The market numbers are further split as per the regions.
2. The report would help them understand the competitors better and gain more insights to better position their business. There is a separate section on competitive landscape including competitor ecosystem, mergers and acquisition, and venture capital funding. Besides, there are company profiles of 10 top players in this market.
3. The report helps them understand the pulse of the market. It provides information on key market drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities.
- Previous: Global Superalloy Market Reached $ 10 Billion in 2014
- Next: Enterprise Video Market by Delivery Mode (Web Conferencing, Webcasting, Video Conferencing, Video Streaming), Applications (Corporate Communication, Learning & Development, Knowledge Sharing & Management), Vertical & Region – Global Forecasts to 2020