Production and Future Development of Niacin in China

Date: 2015-05

“Niacin, also known as vitamin B3, is the generic descriptor for two compounds, nicotinic acid and nicotinamide. Its global market size was over USD400 million in 2012, according to the estimates by CEO of Advance Intermediates and Nutritional Products of Jubilant Life Sciences Ltd. According to his saying, approximately 60%-70% of the value was attributed to applications in the animal nutrition market and the remaining 30%-40% to human nutrition, cosmetics, pharmaceuticals and technical applications.

Europe and the US are the two largest niacin consumption regions in the world, and China’s market is growing rapidly.

In recent years, global players have been actively expanding their niacin capacity and the world total capacity is estimated to reach 85,000t/a by 2014. Niacin production in the world has been concentrated in only three players, with Lonza Group Ltd. being the absolute leader.

China has started to grow into an important niacin production country after Lonza Group Ltd. launched its niacin plant in Guangzhou China in the 1990s. However, it was only in the 2000s when the raw material supply shortage began to be solved that local producers’ investment in niacin started to pose challenges to the established global leaders.

Chinese local players started a wave of investments during 2008~2010, such as the launches of new capacities and the plans of expansion, and at least 10 new players joining in niacin production.

In order to figure out the current status of China’s niacin industry after the investment fever, CCM carries out this research to help readers to better understand the competition landscape of this industry by updating the industry trends from the following aspects:
 Brief overview of niacin development history in China
 China’s niacin capacity and output from 2008 till first half of 2014
 The active players, their capacity and output changes from 2011 till 2013, and their competitive advantages
 Price changes and factors behind the change
 Raw material supply situation and capacities of major suppliers from 2011 till 2014
 Price trends in the past three years from 2011
 Applications of niacin, including the consumption structure by volume
 Outlook of China’s niacin industry by comparing to that of Vitamin C, another vitamin that has similar trends with niacin but is about 10 years ahead in its development history in China


Contact With Us
Join templatemonster at google+
Customized Research
Request Sample