“The playout automation & channel-in-a-box market is projected to grow from USD 831.2 million in 2015 to USD 17.46 billion by 2020, at a CAGR of 16.0% from 2015 to 2020. Availability of advance and highly reliable solutions in the playout automation & channel-in-a-box market is one of the major factors influencing the growth of this market. The traditional playout systems manually combine disparate single function devices, such as mixers, routers, servers, and content inserters to produce the desired output. The system runs multiple channels and delivers high quality output, however, this operation requires several dedicated operators, and is also a lengthy and tiring process, and may also be prone to errors. However, with the emergence of interactive playout automation & channel-in-a-box solutions, the broadcasters have shifted their focus to advance channel broadcasting and playout solutions, as it reduces overall costs and power consumption.
âEntertainment and cartoons & lifestyle segments are expected to grow due to various technological upgradesâ
In the coming years, both entertainment and cartoons & lifestyle segments are expected to grow during the forecast period, owing to improve operational efficiency, quality of channel presentation, and technological advancements of these solutions. However, the news segment has held the largest share in the global playout automation & channel-in-a-box market in 2015, due to its dynamic nature of operation, wherein a lot of activities are being performed simultaneously. Automation solutions empower news broadcasters to handle live content with accurate ingest and playback. The content is generally ad-hoc and changes frequently.
âLatin America & Asia-Pacific account for the highest adoption of playout automation & channel-in-a-box solutionsâ
The European region commanded the largest share in the global playout automation & channel-in-a-box market, in 2015. However, the Latin American region is expected to witness significant growth in the playout automation market due to exponentially increasing number of television channels and the need to improve channel presentation quality for addressing the demands of channel viewers. Whereas, in the Asia-Pacific region, owing to the necessity for serving a varied group of viewers, broadcasters need to opt for advanced technologies that could make the broadcasting ecosystem easier to operate. This has further resulted in increasing the overall demand of playout automation & channel-in-a-box solutions in the Asia-Pacific region.
Break-up of profiles of primary participants is given below:
â¢ By Company Type – Tier 1 â 30%, Tier 2 â 40% and Tier 3 â 30%
â¢ By Designation – C level â 37%, Director level â 38%, Others â 25%
â¢ By Region – North America – 46%, Europe â 31%, Asia-Pacific â 15%, RoW â 8%
Various key playout automation & channel-in-a-box market vendors and service providers profiled in the report are as follows:
1. Harmonic, Inc.
2. Pebble Beach Systems
3. Evertz Microsystems Ltd.
4. Cinegy LLC
5. Imagine Communications Corp.
6. Grass Valley USA LLC
7. Snell Limited
8. Playbox Technology
9. Pixel Power Ltd.
The report will help market leaders/new entrants/end users in this market in the following ways:
1. The report provides an in-depth analysis and comprehensive view of the overall market and the closest approximation about global numbers and segmentaition across varied end users, channel applications, and regions.
2. The report also provides analysis about strategies followed by top players to enhance market shares as well as understand market dynamics comprising key market drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities.
3. The report also offers competitive landscape and company profiles of key players, in addition to recent developments such as new product launches, contracts/ agreements, and mergers & acquisitions.
- Previous: Alpha Olefin Market by Type (1-Butene, 1-Hexene, 1-Octene, C10 & Higher Olefins) and by Application (LLDPE, HDPE, Valeraldehyde, Plasticizers, Lubricants, and Others) – Global Trends & Forecasts to 2020
- Next: Industrial Robotics Market by Type (Articulated, Cartesian, SCARA, Cylindrical, Parallel), Application (Automotive, Electrical and Electronics, and Metal and Machinery), Component (Controller, Sensors, Drive), and Geography – Analysis & Forecast to 2022