“The widespread technological advancements in mobile devices are significantly transforming the communication methods and work patterns of the people worldwide. With the mobile devices becoming multi-functional, people have increasingly embraced various technologies and applications that quicken the accomplishment of their tasks. One of the most evident among these is accessibility to financial services over the mobile phone. In the recent years, the progressions in banking and financial services have led to the expansive considerations of mobile-based money transfers and monetary transactions. Thus, mobile money has been instrumental in revolutionizing the usage of mobile phones.
Mobile money has helped the users to conveniently enable secured mobile payments and transfers over their mobile phone. In addition, this mobile money service has also helped theses users send and receive remittances, pay bills, make airtime transfers, receive and send money to near and remote locations, and enable movie or travel ticket purchases, among various others. Further, the simplicity, flexibility, convenience, and security provided by the mobile money services and mobile wallets over the traditional money payment and transfers techniques, are encouraging the users to consider mobile money services. Thus, these benefits of mobile money services have comprehensively enhanced the perspectives of the users with regards to mobile money transactions and payments.
With the rising acknowledgements to mobile-based payments and transactions, the mobile money service is fast gaining momentum in the market. This has in turn benefited the mobile money services providers which include Mobile Network Operators (MNOs), financial institutes such as banks, payment platform providers, and payment agents to leverage and expand their provisions in this market. Considering this, the mobile money services has also been chiefly accountable for increasing the average revenues for these stakeholders in the mobile money ecosystem. Further, the increasing realization in the underlying potentials of mobile money services has also led to the advancement and broad considerations by various industrial verticals to enable the users to make mobile-based payments and transfers. Thus, these augmentations have also fostered the rise in mobile money services market.
Further, the adoption of mobile money services is encouraged due to surfacing of mandate standards related to mobile money transfers and payments that need to be adhered with, by the payment agents, financial institutions, and MNOs. These regulations that have to be followed include Anti-Money Laundering (AML)/Combating Financing of Terrorism, Know Your Customer (KYC), and standards by GSMA Association among various others. This compliance facilitates secured data, and money access and transfer across mobile devices. Hence, the surfacing of these secured mobile solutions is further adding to the demand of mobile money across the globe.
Over the years, manifestation of the mobile devices among the users and the indispensable requirement to have ubiquitous access to financial solutions are some of the prominent factors driving the adoption mobile money services. On the other hand, prevailing data security apprehensions and lack of awareness related to mobile money services are the restraining factors hindering the growth of the mobile money market. Considering this, the report further helps to identify the latest patterns and trends intensifying the progression in the mobile money market across all regions.
Middle East and Africa, Asia-Pacific, and North America have the highest adoption and usage market of mobile money. The regions of Europe and Latin America are gradually considering these mobile money services, and in turn offer a lot of opportunities for the vendors in the mobile money market.
There are various assumptions that have been taken into consideration for the market sizing and forecasting exercise. A few of the global assumptions include political, economic, social, technological, and economic factors. The dollar fluctuations are expected to not seriously affect the forecasts in the emerging regions.
The report will help the market leaders/new entrants in the mobile money market in the following ways:
1. This report segments the market of mobile money into transaction modes and types of purchases covering this market comprehensively. The report provides the closest approximations of the revenue numbers for the overall market and the sub-segments. The market numbers are further split across location types, nature of payments, and industry vertical in all the major regions.
2. This report will help mobile money service providers better understand the competitors and gain more insights to better position oneâs business. There is a separate section on competitive landscape, including mergers and acquisitions, and venture capital funding. Besides this, there are company profiles of the ten major players in this market. In this section, market internals are provided that can help place oneâs company ahead of the competitors.
3. The report helps the suppliers understand the pulse of the market. It provides information on key market drivers, restraints, and opportunities.
- Previous: Coagulation/Hemostasis Analyzer Market by Product (Automated, POC), Consumables (Reagents, Standards), Test Type (APTT, Prothrombin Time/INR, D-Dimer, Fibrinogen), Technology (Mechanical, Optical), End Users (Research Institutes, Hospitals) – Forecast to 2019
- Next: Urinalysis Market by Product (Dipstick, Reagent, Urine Analyzer, POC), Test Type (Biochemical, Sediment, Microscopic), Application (Diagnosis, Diabetes, UTI, Kidney Disease, Pregnancy), End User (Hospital, Research Institute, Home) – Forecast to 2019