“The growing demand for mobile data and connectivity is expected to drive the mobile and wireless backhaul market.
The global mobile and wireless backhaul market is estimated to grow from USD 17.85 billion in 2015 to USD 33.15 billion by 2020, at an estimated Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 13.18%. Increased demand for mobile data and technological advancements, such as 5G and 42 GHz spectrum band, are the major drivers of mobile and wireless backhaul market.
The microwave equipment segment is estimated to account for majority of the total mobile and wireless backhaul market in 2015, but millimeter wave equipment is likely to overtake the microwave equipment segment due to increase in the adoption of millimeter wave equipment. The major trends seen in the service market are the increasing use of system integration services by end user to effectively deploy mobile and wireless backhaul solutions and the easy integration of these solutions with the existing ones.
Latin America expected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period
The mobile and wireless backhaul market is expected to show highest growth in Latin America followed by Middle East and Africa (MEA) and Asia-Pacific (APAC) regions as these regions are yet to be developed and has massive adoption of mobile and wireless equipment. Technological advancements of 3G and 4G networks brings with it a continuity in data traffic, which, in turn, requires reliable and secure backhaul models. North America is estimated to hold the largest market share during the forecast period due to growing demand of small cells, which has the coverage capacity to meet the mobile data demand.
To determine the market size of various segments and sub-segments of the mobile and wireless backhaul market, extensive secondary research is done. The collected data are then verified through primary interviews.
Breakdown for primaries has been given below:
â¢ By Company Type- Tier 1- (55%), Tier 2- (20%), and Tier 3- (25%)
â¢ By Designation- C-Level (60%), Director Level- (25%), and Others- (15%)
â¢ By Region- North America (20%), Europe (25%), APAC (25%), MEA (15%), and Latin America (15%)
Need for an efficient and secured backhaul deployment model will open up new opportunities for backhaul providers
In the next five years, the demand for secure and efficient mobile data networks and faster connectivity requirement will boost the mobile and wireless backhaul market. Research and Development (R&D) is going on across globe for the faster and secure backhaul needs across telecommunication domain. Regions such as APAC and Latin America are on the verge of adopting 4G and small cell technologies. Also, these regions are showing strong willingness for efficient mobile and wireless backhaul market.
Various key players in the mobile and wireless backhaul market profiled in the report are as follows:
1. Alcatel Lucent
2. Cisco Systems, Inc.
4. Huawei Technologies
5. Broadcom Corporation
6. Brocade Communications Systems
8. Nokia Networks
10. ZTE Corporation
The report will help the market leaders/new entrants in this market, in the following ways:
1. This report segments the mobile and wireless backhaul market comprehensively and provides the nearest approximations of the revenue numbers for the overall market and subsegments across the regions.
2. The report helps stakeholders to understand the pulse of the market and provides them information on key market drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities.
3. This report will help stakeholders to better understand the competitors and gain more insights to better their position in the business. The competitive landscape section includes competitor ecosystem, new product develpoments, partnerships, and mergers and acquisitions.
- Previous: Biomaterials Market by Type of Material (Metallic, Ceramic, Polymers, Natural Biomaterials) & Application (Cardiovascular, Orthopedic, Dental, Plastic Surgery, Wound Healing, Neurology, Tissue Engineering, Ophthalmology) – Global Forecast to 2020
- Next: Machine Vision Market is Projected to USD 12.49 Billion by 2020