Industrial Ethernet Market Grows at a CAGR of 15.1% During The Forecast Period 2016-2020

Date: 2016-09-18

The global Industrial Ethernet market is expected to grows at a CAGR of 15.1% during The forecast period 2016-2020. Industrial Ethernet refers to the use of standard Ethernet protocols using rugged connectors and high temperature-resistant switches in an industrial environment. It can be used for both LAN and WAN connectivity. The environment inside industrial plants is harsh, with extremes of temperature, high humidity, and considerable vibration. Industrial Ethernet devices are designed to be rugged, withstand these extreme conditions, and function in the designed manner. They are widely used in various process and discrete manufacturing industries.

In 2015, approximately three million devices operating on PROFINET were purchased in the global industrial automation market. In December 2015, the total number of devices operating globally on PROFINET was 12.9 million, which represents a 30% increase in the installed base over the previous year. IO-Link has seen the highest increase in 2015 with 63% growth over the previous year. The total number of installed IO-Link devices operating on PROFINET is approximately 3.6 million.

The Asia-Pacific region will continue to lead the way with this fastest growth during this expansion, but its lead over North America and Europe, the Middle East and Africa will probably diminish in the coming years.

All industrial Ethernet protocols together accounted for 33% of industrial networks at the start of this year (field bus had the other 67%), with PROFINET and Ethernet/IP leading the way at 8% market share apiece. They both still trailed PROFIBUS (18%), although the 17% year-over-year growth for industrial Ethernet was much higher than the 7% increase for field bus as a whole.
Read Full Report: 

Joanna | Executive – International Business and partner Relations
E-mail: | Tel: 1-510-400-8520



Contact With Us
Join templatemonster at google+
Customized Research
Request Sample