“โGrowing demand from the emerging economies is driving the consumption of CSP โ
The concrete superplasticizers (CSP) market is projected to reach USD 4.77 billion by 2020, registering a CAGR of 8.2% between 2015 and 2020. Growing technological advancement globally is one of the key reasons for the growth of the CSP market. Asia-Pacific accounts for almost more than half of the global CSP market owing to the rising investments by foreign companies, growing production facilities, and rise in living standards in the region.
โReady-Mix Concrete (RMC): The major application market for CSPโ
Ready-mix concrete, or RMC, refers to concrete that is specifically manufactured for delivery to the customer’s construction site in a freshly mixed and plastic or unhardened state. During the 1940s, the availability of heavier trucks and better engines allowed mixing drum capacities to increase, which in turn allowed ready-mixed concrete producers to meet the high demand for concrete caused by World War II. In the developed countries, such as the U.S., Germany, U.K., France, Japan, and Singapore, the consumption and demand for ready-mix concrete is high and is currently being adopted in the developing countries as well.
โPolycarboxylate Derivatives: The fastest-growing type for CSPโ
Polycarboxylates are the third generation superplasticizers that revolutionized the market with their capability to reduce water to cement ratio by 40.0% even at low dosage rates. Compared to other superplasticizers, polycarboxylates at a dosage rate of 0.15% to 0.3% can achieve 30.0% to 40.0% of water reduction. These are also suitable in hot weather conditions and can be transported to long distances. These superplasticizers are especially preferable in high strength and self-compacting concrete applications.
This study has been validated through primaries conducted with various industry experts globally. These primary sources have been divided under three categories: company, designation, and region.
โข By Company Type- Tier 1- 34%, Tier 2- 33% and Tier 3- 33%
โข By Designation- C Level- 12%, Director Level- 25% and Others- 63%
โข By Region- North America- 12%, Europe- 12%, Asia-Pacific- 63%, and RoW- 13%
The report also provides company profiles and competitive strategies adopted by the major market players, such as Arkema SA (France), BASF SE (Germany), Kao Corporation (Japan), Sika AG (Switzerland), and W.R. Grace & Co. (U.S.) among others.
The report will help the market leaders/new entrants in this market in the following ways:
1. This report segments the CSP market comprehensively and provides the closest approximations of the revenue for the overall market and the subsegments across the different verticals and regions.
2. The report helps stakeholders to understand the pulse of the market and provides them information on key market drivers, restraints, and opportunities.
3. This report will help stakeholders to better understand the competitor and gain more insights about the business. The competitive landscape section includes competitor ecosystem, new product developments, partnerships, mergers & acquisitions.
- Previous: Offshore Support Vessel Market by Type (Anchor Handling Tug Supply, Platform Supply Vessel, Multipurpose Support Vessel, Standby & Rescue Vessel, Crew Vessel, & Others), by Depth (Shallow & Deepwater), & by Region – Global Forecast to 2020
- Next: Machine Safety Market by Product (Safety Sensors, PLCS, Controllers, Modules, & Relays, and E-Stop Controls), Implementation, Application (Assembly, Material Handling, Metal Working, Packaging, & Robotics), & Region – Global Trend & Forecast to 2020