“Three-Dimensional (3D) mapping in this report has been defined as a solution that helps in building 3D maps of the surroundings with utmost accuracy and details. Whereas, 3D modeling is defined as a process of developing a 3D surface of any object or place with the help of specialized software, and hence the product developed is model in 3D. The 3D mapping and 3D modeling market can exist independently, but the playing fields are still the same. Nowadays, vendors are providing 3D mapping and modeling applications for various industry verticals such as healthcare, automotive, transportation, and logistics, aviation and space, building and construction, defense and public safety, media and entertainment, and lastly for the retail sector.
3D mapping applications nowadays are gaining traction and are being adopted by the end users on a large scale. 3D projection mapping is one of the emerging technologies that help in mapping the 3D points on a 3D plane. This application is often used by artists to attract their customers. Presently, 3D projection mapping has emerged as an attractive medium for enterprises to advertise their offerings and target as well as retarget the audience. Another application of 3D mapping is mapping and navigation, which is specially designed for mobile devices. These applications are widely being used by organizations that provide 3D content of urban, semi-urban, and rural environment.
The Year-over-Year (Y-o-Y) growth rates of 3D mapping will be on the higher side throughout the forecast period. A few high growth markets are:
1. Media and Entertainment: Mapping (real-world images) and Modeling (merging 3D effects)
2. Construction Purposes: Mapping (neighborhood location) and Modeling (to construct buildings)
3. Healthcare Industry: Mapping (human anatomy) and Modeling (surgery process)
4. Automobile Industry: Mapping (assembly line) and Modeling (prototype)
5. Transportation Industry: Mapping (streets) and Modeling (smart transportation)
Marketsandmarkets expects that the building and construction vertical will account for the largest market share throughout the forecast period. However, there are a few revenue pockets, namely, Automotive, Transportation, and Logistics (ATL), defense and public safety, and retail that will witness significant growth in this period.
Majority of the challenges in this market are specific to the application environment. For instance, there are special challenges, such as tackling population on the streets, while mapping streets. The major restraints in this market are lack of advanced software packages for simulating 3D data, and placing additional burden on cost of doing business.
Reasons to buy the report
The report will help the market leaders/new entrants in this market in the following ways:
1. This report segments the market into applications, covering this market comprehensively. The report provides the closest approximations of the revenue numbers for the overall market and the sub segments. The market numbers are further split across the different verticals and regions.
2. This report will help them better understand the competitor and gain more insights to better position their business. There is a separate section on competitive landscape, including competitor ecosystem, mergers and acquisitions, and other developments. Besides, there are company profiles of 10 top players in this market. In this section, market internals are provided that can put them ahead of the competitors.
The report helps them to understand the pulse of the market. The report provides information on key market drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities.
- Previous: Cardiovascular Information System Market by System Type (CVIS, Cardiology PACS), Components (Software, Services), Mode of Operation (Web-based, Onsite), End User, Applications (Catheterization, ECG, Holter, ICD, Electrocardiography) – Forecasts to 2020
- Next: North American Healthcare IT Market is Expected to Grow at A CAGR of 13.5%